1. Lexis Instituto del Idioma S.L. (hereinafter Lexis) is a limited company legally founded and registered with the Malaga Commercial Registry, and domiciled at Paseo de la Farola, 3. 29016 Málaga (Spain). Tax Identification Number: B 29619574. Activity: Private education.
2. Legislation: Lexis Instituto del Idioma is governed by Spanish state law pertaining to the company’s business activity and also by Andalusian regional government and Malaga city council regulations. Clients purchasing any form of service agree to abide by the rulings of the law courts, in accordance with current legislation. This obligation also applies to agents, booking centres and intermediaries in general.
3. Intermediation: all agents, booking centres and intermediaries in general who sell Lexis services do so in their own name. Unless the provision of these services is duly accepted and confirmed by Lexis, the company will have no obligation towards the final consumer of said services.
5. Prices and payment: prices are quoted in Euros. Payment will be made in the manner indicated by Lexis (cash, credit card or bank transfer) and will correspond to the quantity specified in the invoice. All transfer and currency exchange expenses will be met by the party purchasing the services. Invoices will not be considered proof of payment unless signed by an authorized individual or accompanied by the relevant bank receipt in the case of transfers and card payments.
6. Non-payment: failure to pay for the services requested within the period specified by Lexis will authorize the school to cancel the provision of said services.
7. Code of conduct: students agree to abide by Lexis regulations with regard to accommodation, courses and extra-academic activities. Any behaviour which interferes with the normal execution of classes or activities or adversely affects communal living in accommodation, as well as unjustified non-attendance of classes, will authorize Lexis to cancel the course and expel the student concerned, who will have no right to compensation for services not consumed.
8. Cancellation of services: where services are cancelled for organizational reasons or due to a force majeure, only the cost of the service not provided will be refunded; no other compensation will be paid.
9. Academic calendar: the academic calendar for each year will be the same as the official working calendar for the city of Malaga itself.
10. Public holidays: classes falling on public holidays can be recovered; the school will specify a timetable for their recovery within the dates of the course booked, between Monday and Friday, and duly inform the students concerned of the arrangements made.
11. Groups and timetables: class groups will be organized by Lexis, within the school’s morning or afternoon timetable, in accordance with student level and service type. Groups will comprise a maximum of ten students; in the case of groups containing only one or two students, Lexis reserves the right to reduce the number of classes contracted by 50%.
12. Prices: these include registration, a workbook of homework exercises and an attendance certificate. The course book used in class may be loaned to the student or purchased at a discount price of €15 or €20 (B1-C2). Materials for the DELE and Legal Spanish courses cost €25 and €35 respectively.
13. Accommodation: accommodation is assigned by Lexis according to availability. Any changes of accommodation must be requested at reception and approved by Lexis, providing an alternative is available and would not generate organizational problems. Lexis also reserves the right to refuse such requests.
14. Discontinuing: students who choose to discontinue their consumption of any services contracted will not be entitled to any form of refund.
15. Changes: any changes to the services contracted must be approved by Lexis. If the new services are lower in cost than those originally chosen, no refund will be paid; if the cost is higher, the difference must be paid when the changes are requested and approved by Lexis.
17. The €150 deposit is not refundable under any circumstances. All cancellation made within 20 days of the start of the course, the deposit is not refunded. Should the cancellation be made more than 21 days prior to the start of the course, the deposit will be converted into a voucher of 150€ that may be used for subsequent registration.
18. If a cancellation is made after the course has started, no refund will be paid. A voucher of long-term duration will be given for the remaining weeks of the course, not including accommodation. No refund will be given for any other services not consumed by the student, such as transfers, excursions, etc.
19. When the full cost of the classes, accommodation or other services contracted is paid prior to the beginning of the course, the following penalties will be applied in the event of cancellation: All cancellations made within 20 days of the start of the course, will be charged 150€ and the rest of the full amount paid will be reimbursed. Should the cancellation be made more than 21 days prior to the start of the course, the full amount paid will be reimbursed.